Tuesday, May 6, 2014

What is Originality?


What's normal? What is something that someone has never thought of before? All questions every person who is alive on this Earth today, thinks of. How do we know that someone in a different place, at the same time, isn't thinking of the same thing. How to become original is easy but it's branching out and doing something different is the hard part. It's the fear of the unknown, I think, that makes this inexplicably unanswerable question, live.

Plain Jane's v. Pepe Long Stockings.

My mother used to call it. With me, I went through a lot of different phases to only figure out that I have to find what's normal to me. Everyone isn't the same so there is no originality anywhere. It is just wants common to society that people get confused. In the term, originality, 'origin' in the prefix is what people forget about. Where did it come from? Why do I see it everywhere? Because the origin of this idea was something a lot of people liked so it became common which I think leads to originality.

No comments:

Post a Comment